Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Cleveland Indians Concept: Part One


Last week, I finished my Cleveland Indians concept for my MLB series. I will post all of my work. Enjoy!


Part One: Updated Chief Wahoo Logo


The Indians' Chief Wahoo logo is one of the most iconic in major league baseball. It has been around for a long time and is classic. However, I came up with a few ways to "modernize" Chief Wahoo without losing the classic look. As with any of my concepts, I started with the colors. The Indians current colors are dark blue and red. I changed them to navy and dark red. Next, I simplified Chief Wahoo. I removed some lines, added some curves, did some basic cleaning up. Finally, I added a thicker navy outline around the logo to make it stand out more. The image I posted shows a comparison of the current logo (the before) and my version of the logo (after).

No comments:

Post a Comment